- 10 cups coarsely shredded cooked chicken (from about 3 purchased roasted whole chickens)
- 2 cups roasted red and yellow bell peppers, drained, patted dry, and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups paper-thin slices red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup drained capers
- 1 1/2 cups (about) Red Wine Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 24 butter lettuce leaves (from about 3 large heads)
- 1 (4-ounce) piece Parmesan, shaved with vegetable peeler
Toss the chicken, bell peppers, onion, parsley, almonds, and capers in a large bowl with enough vinaigrette to moisten. Season the chicken salad with salt and pepper, to taste.
Arrange 1 large lettuce cup and 1 small lettuce cup on each plate, overlapping slightly. Spoon the chicken salad into the lettuce cups. Drizzle more vinaigrette over the salads. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve.
Do-Ahead Tip: The chicken salad can be prepared 4 hours ahead and refrigerated. Just before serving, spoon the salad into the lettuce cups.
Red Wine Vinaigrette:
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup olive oil
Combine the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a blender. With the machine running, gradually add the oil and blend until emulsified.
Yield: 1 3/4 cups